Monday, September 16, 2013

Mojitos Monday


I know it's only Monday, but I need a mojito already. I'm sure you do too.

Normally I don't care for most of what you can find on allrecipes.com. Because I'm picky. But this recipe is everything I look for in a mojito - mainly that you let the mint and lime do the talking. It's perfect to enjoy the evening sunshine in your backyard. Neko agrees (and no, she didn't manage to taste any mojito).


Ingredients (makes one mojito):
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 T granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1.5 fl oz white rum (shot and a half)
- 1/2 cup club soda

Drop in half the mint leaves, one wedge of lime, and 1 T sugar into your cup. Muddle this all together (muddling means you're smooshing all the yummy stuff together, releasing the juices and flavor in the lime and mint). While I have a muddler now, I have been known to use the opposite end of my vegetable peeler. Drop in the rest of the mint leaves, two more wedges of lime, and the last of the sugar. Muddle again.

Add ice, add rum, add club soda, stir, and add the last wedge of lime as a garnish. 

Now make more for your friends and enjoy!

Special note: I don't strain this because I like all the green in the glass. But you can if you want. Or you can make a simple mint syrup and use that to muddle together with the lime wedges.




No comments:

Post a Comment